The next morning I slept in a little bit which felt great until 8-8:30. The Katie and I drove to the grocery store called Hannaford to pick up some PB&J & banana supplies for lunches. We only drove 10 min so I got to see some of NH---beautiful, hiking and nature-filled state, very tall trees, quite hilly as well. The state is more country feeling however Concord is very urban. Lots of strip malls, grocery stores, big name brands, close suburban- feel neighborhoods, and lots of green!
Then we went back to the apartment to have some breakfast (PB and banana toast) and got ready to go hiking and exploring NH. One of Katie's friends Emily took us to NH State Park where we hiked Mt. Kearsarge. Nothing compared to NZ hiking, but a few areas got very steep. It was only a 20-25 min hike up, but the sight at the top was gorgeous. It looked almost entirely green. It was a bit cloudy today but just breath-taking. We decided to eat our PB&J sandwiches here and relax a bit. Then we hiked back down and went to Erin's neighborhood. I met her grandparents (her gma was missing a tooth which she shared) and their 9 dogs. Also I saw Emily's mobile home which is her temporary place of living due to a relationship incidence which resulted in a break-up and move-out. We then went across the street to her dad and brother's house and her brother Ty took us fishing in a local river. We had to walk down a steep hill to reach the water, but positioned ourselves on some rocks and casted away. I have not been fishing for like 10 years and needed to brush up on my casting and patience, but I got the hang out of it after a little while. Emily and Ty both did a great job teaching Katie and I. I ended up catching the first fish in just a few minutes, but it was only a small bass. I reeled him/her in but threw her back. Katie caught a brown trout which we ended up keeping. I caught 2 more bass and a smaller fish but we threw all of my fish back. I did have something a bit bigger I think, because it tugged and ripped a chunk of my line and took my hook with him/her.
After we fished, we went back to Emilys and cooked the brown trout and some other fish she had in her dad's freezer. We also had some rice, veggies, and a little chicken. I ate some rainbow trout, however, it was little too bony for me so I stuck with chicken mostly. Emily did a great job cooking dinner. After dinner settled, we went back to Katie's to watch Black Swan. This movie was a weird one---a bit disturbing, dark, kinda mentally scary movie. Not what I was expecting for a dance film. Then it was off to bed. Since Katie's roommate went camping, Katie took her bed and I shared with Emily. What a day! Emily and I talked for a bit but soon both of us were out.
No comments:
Post a Comment